FORUMS Menu

Home Forums Music Worst decade for music

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by JoanOfArc JoanOfArc 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    rebel_reddevil
    rebel_reddevil
    Participant
    WARRINGTON

I used to think the 80’s was the worst decade for music. Certainly when I lived through it, though this may be because the 70’s was such a brilliant decade for music (don’t get me wrong, there was plenty of **** there too). Recently, I’ve found myself listening to bands and songs I didn’t get to hear about that much back then and there was some excellent stuff.

What do you think was the worst period for music?

Jackie
    Jackie
    Participant
    Newton Abbot

Devon

2000’s? for me anyway. There seemed to be far more manufactured rubbish with over use of technology and little musical ability. I like real instruments and real voices.

rebel_reddevil
      rebel_reddevil
      Participant
      WARRINGTON

There was some good stuff in the naughties though like Green Day, Muse, Offspring, Evanescence, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Avenged Sevenfold etc.

Yeah there’s been some **** too but there’s **** in all decades

richyrich
    richyrich
    Participant

i think now maybe the worst decade for music, simon cowel seems to be the source of half the pop music clogging up the airwaves. i was bemoaning this just the other day. and  those swedish or danish hit makers are producing the other half. live venues are closing down at a rate of knots. its not looking good for uk music!!!  but having said that i would like to point out the quality of what is produced is phonominal. speaking as an ‘old timer’ who remebers recording the radio onto casettes. and the massive deal made when artists started to record on an unimaginable huge 32 channel desk.  and when you think we accepted records off bands recorded with half a dozen mics with the beatles early stuff. the ‘kids’ these days leave me in awe at what they can do with a laptop based studio. and when u put that in the hands of the ‘a team’ and the like of cowel get the best in the buisiness to work their magic. the sound is just amazing.

rebel_reddevil
    rebel_reddevil
    Participant
    WARRINGTON

I agree Cowell has a lot to answer for!!

Jules
    Jules
    Participant

90s for me. Some good bands around in 2000s. Loved music of early to mid 80s, it went downhill from there.

JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

early 80s was ok

I didn’t really notice what was going on in the 90s, weren’t oasis around? I liked them.

Erm 2000’s?? dunno

I mean I listen to more relatively unheard of stuff now, which is better than the chart ****.

just trying to think of what chart stuff I like. as if I know what’s in the charts. I liked the beyonce one. naughty boy or some weird title like that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.