FORUMS Menu

Home Forums Politics prosecute lying politicians

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by JoanOfArc JoanOfArc 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    richyrich
    richyrich
    Participant

they say a society gets the government it deserves. well we must be a right bunch of sh*ts to have this shower of a government, lies lies lies. i often think the words ‘lier’ and ‘politician’ should be interchangeable. i just heard a radio 4 report on demonic rabb posting on social media. he was saying that lower tax for the rich create a more vibrant economy. this was pointed out by the guests on R4 that it has been shown to be false. but D. rabb (and others) still uses this myth to hoodwink voters into voting for them. when does the lies of a politician cross a line and require legal penalties or are they imune from laws that constrain the rest of us. if i was in business and lied about my product id end up in court. why does this not apply to politicians (and journalists) is it because politicians make the rules? if so it would imply there have never been any conscientious politicians , which is something i dont believe

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by richyrich richyrich.
    JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

i dunno. i don’t really understand why very rich people want their billions. they can’t spend it all can they. and ya can’t take it with ya when ya die. so what is the point? obvs leave it behind to ya kids.  i mean i get you want your kids to be secure. but when we are talking billions, it makes you wonder doesn’t it. i mean leaving your kids some wealth so they don’t have to stress is one thing, but leaving several billion hahahahahaah you get my drift.  whilst…….. you could’ve done SO MUCH to solve the world’s ills with that money…. instead you want to give your kids some weird warped view of what the world is about.

it’s weirdness beyond weirdness if you ask me.

the only sane reason to have billions is to ****** well change the world for the better.

not hoard it so you can leave some frigging legacy of richness and only ****** richness… who wants that kind of legacy in this day and age anyway?

yeh so and so he/she were excellent and making money and then their kids got it all when they croaked it, and then they were well, so effing rich.

The End.

JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

having just said this though Richyrich, if i had to pay millions to the government and they went and spent it on a frigging sports stadium or a flipping high speed railway to save 20 mins on a journey, i would probably feel quite resentful, and think that i knew better ways to use the money.

sometimes in my wildest imagination, (which is the best sort of imagination ever), i imagine that there’s this gang of ridiculously rich people, all just waiting to put it behind the right movement.

unfortunately, i think the truth is that they will all peg it, without ever having fulfilled their best potential.

c’est la vie

JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

the truth is……….. the amount of money some people have….. it’s like saying well…. hang on a minute…. over in that corner we’ve got the prime minister….. however,…… seriously……. who is REALLY governing?????? probs the richest elite.

dya know, i sometimes pick up the metro or Evening STandard, and normally skim it, do you know why the vast majority of ‘news’ items bore me in there? cos very often it’s all shallow tittle tattle bollox.  That’s why.

JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

(to go from making one random comment to another that is)

But it’s all good! i spoke to the site admin, and they say you can be as random as you want, cos apparently this is a site for free thinkers, and anyone that tells you it’s not is a liar!!! 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.