FORUMS Menu

Home Forums Miscellaneous Grenfell

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jules Jules 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Jules
    Jules
    Participant

JoanOfArc
    JoanOfArc
    Participant
    London

It’s ****** awful!

Jules
    Jules
    Participant

The men have been arrested for public order offences, as a hate crime. Does it warrant this?  People are crying out for prison sentences. Should they really?  Is it even an offence?  It was horrific, but a prison sentence?

If they were directly targeting individuals, that would be different, but they weren’t.

Instead of a sentence, maybe they should watch a suitably awful film, something like people who are caught for speeding. Something that would make them think about their actions.

Thoughts?

richyrich
    richyrich
    Participant

it is in very bad taste but a prison sentance is way over the top. free speach is disapearing and anything that offends anybody is being outlawed. its a mad world we are making. there is SO much in this world that should offend people and it just doesnt but some purile childish prank like this has loads of ppl raging. how many million facing starvation in yemen. not a peep from anyone! some idiots have a bad taste bonfire and its the end of civilisation as we know it ffs.

Jules
    Jules
    Participant

I was disgusted by it, it was a disgrace. I’m with you on getting things into perspective. As I said, they didn’t actually do anything to anyone.

The media dial has a big part to play in this too. It was all over the news, by comparison the murderous, torturous Yemeni war gets very little coverage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.